Day-5: On the way of Baklai(বাকলাই এর পথে-৫)

Saturday, 25 August 2012

This is the continuation from the Day-4 of our 5 days of Baklai(বাকলাই) trekking at Bandarban(বান্দরবান). Also this is the last part of the series.

This was the last day from our Baklai(বাকলাই) trekking. We have already felt the heat of crowds yesterday. From Keokaradong(কেওকারাডং) to Bogalake(বগা লেক), we even had to straggle for finding a place for pee. Lot of peoples were available on the trek, lot of means really a lot of. We have already presumed what could happen today(leaving)!

Around 3:30 at morning, Hasnat(হাসনাত) and Muntasir(মুনতাসির) leaved us. They wanted to reach Dhaka before the night, that's why leaved us so early. We have finished our breakfast very early at the morning and left the hut of Paloi(পালই). Possibly it was before 7:00 at morning when we have cleared the checking at BogaLake(বগা লেক) Army Camp. Lot of other peoples were waiting at Boga Lake and they have also planned to leave Boga on the same day, but at the later part of the day.

From the camp, the trek was easy. In fact the rest of the path is piece a cake for any trekker. We have reached within half an hour to the place where the local vehicles use to give a stoppage. Lot of other groups were waiting there too. And still lot of people were returning from the Boga Lake(বগা লেক) like us. But no vehicles were available. It had a lot of demand of the vehicle, but the supply was all most nothing.

Yesterday we got friendly with another group, all of the members from the group were student. That very same group were waiting for the vehicle at that stoppage too. We were 7 in our group and they were 7. So we have combined together to minimize the transportation cost. But where is the vehicle??

We had to wait around 4 hours for a vehicle on that stoppage. Most of the vehicles were already booked by the guides who have started even earlier than us. Within that nothing to do four hours, we had to get drenched by frequent rain within the flipping of cloud and bright sun.

We have reached to Ruma Bazar(রুমা বাজার) around at 1:30. We had a plan to visit the Rijhuk(রিঝুক) Waterfall. But for that unwanted delay, we couldn't do that. I have gone lot times to Ruma Bazar(রুমা বাজার), and never visited that falls like other members from the team. By merging with the same other group, we have hired a boat for Bandarban(বান্দরবান) town. It was possibly around 3600 taka, I can not remember that right now.

We have started the boat ride just before the 2:00 at afternoon. Last time the boat journey was slight tiring as it was very hot around(also I did trekking first time then). But today it was really a charming weather. Though we had a plan to have a nap inside the boat, but we couldn't. We couldn't resist ourselves to enjoy the beauty around by sitting atop of the roof of the boat.

It was a long four hours of Boat journey with the flow of the river Shangu(সাঙ্গু). We have found a lot of clouds were very near to the river. Shangu(সাঙ্গু) river is not that much higher from the sea level. So it was quite unexpected for me to see clouds on there. Several times the rain has threaten us, but never came.

The days around the August use to be very long. Few fro our team were planning for visiting the Golden Temple from the town. I wasn't that much interested on that. Cause I didn't brought any fullpants with me on this tour and you can not enter into the temple premise with bare feet.

We have reached near to the Bandarban(বান্দরবান) town just few minutes after the 6:00. Once again, for lack of time, my trekking mates had to miss the golden temple too. We had still less than two hours on hand. Tushar(তুষার) and Shuvo(শুভ) had a bath on the Shangu(সাঙ্গু) river. The water of the river was full of dirt as the drainage from the town is directly linked with the river. Also, this river use to have muddy water. So I have refrained myself from jumping inside the water, though my mind was itching for that.

After a dinner at nearby hotel, we have left the Bandarban(বান্দরবান) town using the night coach. Unfortunately we got the last two rows from the Bus. And it had lot of jerking throughout the way. We were too much tired, otherwise it was really hard to sit on those back seats.